The Interfraternity Council (IFC) at UT is composed of 21 active men’s fraternities. The IFC community is 150 years old and is proud of its strong tradition of having quality men’s fraternities. Many of the IFC fraternities receive annual awards from their national or international organizations for being among the best in the nation with their programming, academics, philanthropy, and leadership development.
The mission of the IFC is to develop men who lead with integrity, encourage a high level of scholarship, support the development of each chapter, promote a sense of community, and strive to set a standard of excellence for us and others at UT.
Fall Recruitment registration will open on May 1, 2023! Dates, important information, and details will be announced leading up to registration opening. To stay up to date be sure to check their website and follow IFC on Instagram (@utkifc).
- 2023 Fall IFC Recruitment will take place August 15-22.
- Registration is required for early move-in for on-campus housing. Explore IFC’s Recruitment Information to learn more!
- Early-Bird Priority registration guarantees early move-in for PNMs living on campus and will cost $85. This will last from May 1 through May 31.
- Priority registration guarantees early move-in for PNMs living on campus and will cost $95. This will last from June 1 through July 1.
- Late registration does not guarantee early move-in for PNMs living on campus and will cost $100. This will last from July 16th through August 15th, the first day of recruitment.
2023 Important Dates:
- Registration opens: May 1
- Early-Bird* Registration ($85): May 1 – May 31
- Priority* Registration ($95): June 1 – July 1
- Late Registration* ($100): July 2 – August 15
- IFC Cookout: August 15
- Orientation: August 16
- Bid Day: August 22
- Beginning of 365 Recruitment: August 23
- Fall IFC 101: September 12
- New Member Orientation Health and Safety Module: Opens May 1 and to be completed before accepting a Bid.
- Spring 2024 Recruitment Registration Opens: December 1
* Early-Bird/Priority registration guarantees early move-in for PNMs living on campus. Late registration will not have guaranteed early move-in for University housing; interested students may register for recruitment until the end of the first day of recruitment on August 15
Moving into University Housing requires students to make an appointment to move in. Those that are registered for Formal Recruitment by July 1 are guaranteed an early move-in appointment before IFC recruitment kicks off.
Those registered after July 1 will not be guaranteed early move-in. IFC will keep registration for recruitment open through August 15 (the first day of recruitment). For more information about Move In, please visit University Housing’s website and be sure to check your VOLmail account regularly!
IFC operates on a yearly recruitment schedule, so opportunities focus on Spring and Fall recruitments hosted by IFC for all chapters. Informal recruitment takes place after bid day and before finals each semester and is something that each individual chapters chooses to do.
Bids can be distributed starting on Bid Day and continuing through out the semester; however, any new member given a bid during the semester must have adequate time to complete a new member program and initiation within that same semester. Bids cannot be distributed or promised after classes end until the next IFC sponsored Bid Day.
|Vice President of Recruitment||James McCord|
|Recruitment Chairman||Jackson Littlefield|
|Graduate Assistant||Kenzie Harville|