Multicultural Greek Council (MGC)
The Multicultural Greek Council at UT is composed of six culturally-based sororities and fraternities. The council is united by their aspirations to increase awareness of diversity and inclusion, serve the UT and local community, and to maintain high academic standards. MGC also coordinates activities that celebrates culture, uplifts personal/professional development, and engages in working across differences.
Each MGC organization accepts potential new members through a new member education process. Some MGC organizations start off with a series of events known as Rush or Recruitment Week and others host Informational or Interest Meetings.
Rush/Recruitment is an informal week(s) of educational, social, and service-related activities to get to know members and learn more about one organization of interest. At the end of an organization’s rush week, they extend opportunities to selected individuals who meet the requirements of MGC and its national organization to pursue membership. Informational Meetings allow for individuals to find out general information about said organization and Interest Meetings are formal meetings for those who are interested in moving forward with membership.
If you are interested in learning more about MGC organizations we invite you to attend Meet the Greeks! Meet the Greeks is a platform to learn more about UTK’s cultural based fraternal organizations. This event will be FREE to all UTK students. For more information, please contact GreekLife@utk.edu.
MGC Membership Requirements
- First Year Students must be enrolled full time.
- Students currently in the Volunteer Bridge Program or Road to Rocky Top are NOT eligible to join a sorority or fraternity until their successful completion of the program and are registered for a full course-load at UTK.
- Second-semester first-year students, transfer students, and upper-class students must:
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours at UT
- Be in good conduct standing with the university
Be sure to follow @UTKMGC on Instagram!
Delta Phi Lambda Sorority Inc.
Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc.
Lambda Theta Alpha Latin Sorority, Inc.
Sigma Beta Rho Fraternity, Inc.
Lambda Phi Epsilon International Fraternity, Inc.