Each MGC organization accepts potential new members through a new member education process. Most MGC organizations start off with a series of events known as Rush or Recruitment. Rush/Recruitment is an informal week of educational, social, and service-related activities to get to know members and learn more about the organization. At the end of an organization’s rush week, they extend opportunities to selected individuals who meet the requirements of MGC and its national organization.
If you are interested in learning more about MGC organizations we invite you to register for Meet the Greeks NOW!
MGC Membership Requirements
- First Year Students must be enrolled full time.
- Students in the Volunteer Bridge Program are NOT eligible to join a sorority or fraternity
- Second-semester first-year students, transfer students, and upperclass students must:
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours at UT
- Be in good conduct standing with the university
For more information, please contact Tenea Lowery at firstname.lastname@example.org.