National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC)
The National Pan-Hellenic Council at UTK is composed of seven of the nine historically, not exclusively, Black sororities and fraternities. These organizations live by the values of culture, academic achievement, diversity, community service, leadership, social justice advocacy, and lifetime brotherhood and sisterhood NPHC organizations are committed campus leaders that produce and engage in educational and social activities.
NPHC “Divine 9″ or “D9” sororities and fraternities initiate new members through a membership intake process. This engagement starts either with an informal, Informational Meeting and/or formal Rush/Interest Meeting.
- An “Informational” meeting is generally a meeting to learn more information about said organization.
- An “Interest/Rush Meeting” is the formal event in which members attend who are interested in joining an organization. These meetings typically start intake for organizations.
Each organization conducts their process at their own specified time withing a given fall or spring academic term.
Undergraduate students who wish to affiliate with an NPHC organization must meet specific GPA, credit hours, and service hours minimums:
- Be enrolled full-time at UTK
- 12 Credit Hours earned
- 2.5 Cumulative GPA
- Volunteer/Service Hours
- Students currently in the Volunteer Bridge Program or Road to Rocky Top are NOT eligible to join a sorority or fraternity until their successful completion of the program and are registered for a full course-load at UTK.
- Note: GPA, credit hours, and service hours are the minimum NPHC requirements. Some organization requirements may be higher or more specific.
2024 Important Dates
- Misconceptions & Stereotypes: January 29
- Fall 2024 dates will be announced on May 1, 2024