Sorority & Fraternity Life Policies
The Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life (OSFL) believes in the benefits of fraternities and sororities and advocates for the organizations and students in their pursuit of fraternal ideals. We strive to provide opportunities to create life-long bonds through the principles encompassed in the shared values of scholarship, leadership, service, and fellowship.
Our mission is to provide a quality undergraduate fraternal experience enhancing student development by developing meaningful partnerships with campus-based professionals and departments, students, headquarters staff and regional and state volunteers, alumni, and advisors. OSFL upholds the following philosophies specifically related to ensuring a safe experience for all members and guests.
For a complete list of policies,
For specific or individual policies,
- Event Registration Policy (with BYOB events)
- Health and Safety Education Policy
- Housing Policy
- New Member Education Policy (and acknowledgements)
- Membership Intake Policy (MIP)
- Organization Registration Policy
- Public Accountability Policy
- Social Event Management Policy
- New and Returning Organizations Policy (Expansion & Extension)
The University of Tennessee’s Office of Sorority & Fraternity Life is committed to support the healthy growth and sustainability of our member groups. Interest in becoming a part of the community driven by the Director of Sorority and Fraternity Life. Any organization seeking expansion/reactivation on UTK campus please contact council advisor to assess opportunities.