To support a premier sorority and fraternity experience by providing educational opportunities, fostering collaborative relationships, and empowering students to uphold a mentality of ethical leadership and citizenship.
To become the model sorority and fraternity community among peer and aspirant institutions.
In striving to be a premier sorority and fraternity community, the Office of Sorority and Fraternity Life, in alignment with the University of Tennessee, Knoxville goals and expectations, we uphold the following commitments:
- Partnerships & Collaboration: By developing meaningful partnerships with students, campus and community based professionals and departments, headquarters staff, alumni, advisors, and other valued stakeholders.
- Empowering Students: By utilizing a Facilitator Model approach, we will empower our students by supporting them in their fraternal experience; seeking a balance between the rights and responsibilities of the individual students, the organizations, and those of the University.
- Prevention and Harm Reduction: The health and safety of all of our students is paramount. By implementing prevention and harm reduction strategies, we will strive to foster a community of care.
- Education: By providing in-and-out of the classroom learning opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Advocacy: By engaging other stakeholders, we will advocate for support, resources, and awareness.
- Diversity and Inclusion: By creating an open environment that celebrates diversity and inclusion.