NPHC sororities and fraternities initiate new members through a formal Membership Intake process (MIP) also known as “Intake.” Each sorority or fraternity holds their process at their own specified time within a given fall or spring academic term.
Undergraduate students who wish to affiliate with an NPHC organization must meet specific membership qualifications:
Intake Eligibility Requirements
- Be enrolled at UT as a full-time student
- Students in the Volunteer Bridge Program are not eligible to join a sorority or fraternity
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours
- Have a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Be in good standing with the university
- Meet UT NPHC Requirements
Note: Each affiliate organization may have additional or higher membership requirements that are set by their national organizations. All membership processes are overseen by one or more local appointed graduate chapter advisors. For more specific details, please contact the local chapter.
For more information, contact Tenea Lowery at firstname.lastname@example.org.