We believe in the capacity of our students to provide safe and meaningful experiences for our community and their guests.
The Health & Safety Summit is hosted in conjunction with the Leadership Summit every winter prior to the start of spring classes. The objectives of the Health & Safety Summit is to equip organization leadership with tools and skills focused around prevention models, problem identification, response, self-reporting, accountability, and social event management strategies.
What Do I Need To Know?
More information will be released at the end of the fall semester.
Date: January 8th, 2019
Time: All Day
What Do We Talk About?
- Always Doing the “Right Thing”
- Setting Clear Expectations
- Shared-Governance & Accountability
- Open Communication & Tough Conversations
- Student Organization Conduct Process
- University Amnesty Policy
- Ladder of Risk
- Problem Identification & Response
- Sexual Misconduct
- Strongest Attitudinal Predictors
- Behavior is a Function of People in their Environment
- The Principles of Prevention
- Problem Analysis Process
Who Has To Be There?
The “Power Five”
- New Member Educator
- Judicial/Standards Chair
- Social Chair
- Risk Management Chair
Organizations without these positions or with students serving in more than one of the above positions will seek approval from Sorority & Fraternity Life for substitutions. If the organization membership allows, no matter any substitution approvals, the organization will have at least five attendees.
Let Us Know You’re Coming!
Registration will open in November.
“The Office of Sorority & Fraternity Life is continually utilizing the best resources, partners, and content experts to develop and provide unparalleled programs for the members of our community.”